Software Delivery Manager
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 17 Aug 17
Software Delivery Manager
You'll play a key part in delivering complex treasury and payments solutions via the web to corporate customers globally. Leading several agile project teams for our market leading SaaS treasury solution, you will demonstrate high levels of initiative and integrity and bring together a technical foundation with strong people management, process management and leadership skills. As we continue to grow our agile teams over the next year you'll be in a key position to shape your own team and local processes.
Kindly take a few minutes to Watch the Video!
Reports to: Director, Software Development
- Deliver working solutions to our clients, on time, on budget and according to the best quality standards.
- Understand our product on a technical and functional level.
- Working alongside your peers in product management, understand the business drivers of our clients, and deliver quality solutions that address their business needs.
- Work with management, peers and teams to define and collect process and project metrics; analyse trends; and propose and seek consensus on, and implement, improvements in our delivery processes.
- Work with peers across the wider development team to drive improvements in design, development, testing and delivery activities.
- Anticipate operational issues, develop preventive measures, and mitigate risks.
- Act as an escalation point for managers and team members.
- Provide leadership to develop and maintain an effective team through the selection, training, compensation, motivation, etc. of all personnel.
- Take line management responsibility for members of the development team.
- Mentor, and play an active role in the development and motivation of team members.
- Provide input into architecture and continuous integration processes etc, with focus on how it impacts developer and tester productivity, motivation and output.
- Remain up to date with industry best practice relevant to the organisation.
- Provide co-ordination of, and ensure compliance with, wider company development processes, eg secure development, vulnerability scanning, open source software etc.
- Bachelor degree in a computer science discipline or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years' experience in a commercial environment.
- 3+ years' experience in a software development leadership role.
- Strong agile project management skills, with proven experience in leading the delivery of product and solution offerings over the full application lifecycle.
- Proven experience with agile teams and processes, and the facilitating style of leadership.
- Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, strong initiative, good time management skills, can multitask. Able to maintain a focus on excellence.
- Enthusiastic, friendly, excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to communicate technical concepts concisely and effectively.
- Possesses the desire to increase knowledge and skills when circumstances call for additional learning.
- Corporate treasury (deal capture and processing, back office, FX risk, interest rate risk, cash flow risk, accounting, hedge accounting etc).
- Payment processing.
- Bank communication.
- Treasury applications.
- Experience in a SaaS environment.
- Experience with the agile development process and developing code in alignment with coding standards and business processes.
- Experience with object orientated, service oriented architecture and domain driven design in the design and development of applications.
- Experience with the Microsoft IDE.