- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Escalation EngineerAmazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking highly motivated Incident, Escalation, or Problem Managers who are passionate about technology, want to work with and learn one of the fastest growing Cloud platforms in the world and deliver extraordinary customer experience.
As an Escalation Engineer you'll work with AWS Support, Sales and Development teams to identify, manage and communicate widespread and systemic service related incidents. You will be part of a team based in Sydney and supporting the globe during daylight hours.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn the inner workings and dependencies of the AWS Cloud Platform
• Apply analytical skills to the alerts and alarms for each of the AWS services
• Work hands-on with Sales, Support and Development teams to be the customer advocate and lead critical situation calls during a service impacting event.
• 2+ years demonstrable track record with experience in incident/problem management on mission critical services
• Highly motivated self-starter with technical aptitude and a commitment to achieving results
• Ability to correlate system behaviors based on known interdependencies between those systems
• Experience dealing effectively with internal and external customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure
• Excellen-t written and oral English communication skills
• Excellent critical thinking and logical problem solving skills
• Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment
• Effective prioritisation and time management skills
• Confidence to initiate and lead business wide conference calls
• Understanding of technical concepts, cloud computing and the ability to demonstrate willingness to work on base line AWS Certifications.
• Ability to work in shifts (Monday to Friday with a rotating weekend, Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday)
• Knowledge of ITIL and Lean Processes (ITIL certification preferred)
• Proven success in a fast paced support environment
• Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
• Ability to gain Australian Security Clearance
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status