DCEO Technician APAC Edge - AWS
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
DCEO Technician APAC Edge - AWSAmazon Web Services (AWS) is rapidly growing the Edge data center team in APAC. This position requires broad data center or high demand facilities knowledge with subject matter expertise (SME) in as many specific fields as possible.
You will have engineering and operational responsibility for the Amazon Edge data centers within the Asia Pacific region with a focus on data center assessments, site selection and acceptance, risk management and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of critical infrastructure, vendor management and metric reporting.
As this is a regional role, you should be prepared and willing to travel extensively throughout the APAC region (estimated to be 50-60% of role). The position also has an on-call component, you should be prepared and willing to participate in a rotating on-call roster.
High level responsibilities may include:
• Undertake engineering operations assessments of data center colocation providers and issue reports for management evaluation.
• Coordination with data center colocation providers for the provision of technical documentation supporting their site's preventative maintenance routines; including methods of procedures, standard operating procedures, emergency response procedures.
• Coordination of data center colocation providers to develop and deliver regular engineering reports and ensure adherence to deliverables including contracted SLA's and KPI's.
• Analyze and integrate into Amazon change management processes all colocation data center routine maintenance and emergency services on a variety of critical systems such as switchgear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems etc.
• Ensure clear and accurate information to and from the colocation data center during incidents, providing regular updates to management.
• Participate in monthly operational meetings with colocation data center management to review contract compliance and SLA's attainment.
• At least four years of experience of data center and or critical facilities operations and on-call support for data center or critical facilities.
• An excellent understanding on the nature and operation of high demand systems (data centers, hospitals, power plants, military facilities, etc.).
• Ability to solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
• Ability to write and review accurate and complete support procedures, system documentation, and issue tracking entries.
• Shows good judgment and instincts in decision making within tight deadlines.
• Ability to prioritize in complex, rapidly changing environment.
• 6+ years of data center engineering/operations experience.
• Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or relevant discipline.
• Electrical or mechanical trade qualifications (military/ trade school).
• An excellent understanding of the mechanical systems in critical data center operations include but not limited to CRAC/CRAHs/AHUs, chillers, cooling towers, storage tanks, chemical system, heat exchangers, piping systems, pumps, valves, duct systems, fans, dampers.
• An excellent understanding of other facilities systems used in data centers and high demand facilities, including but not limited to fire detection and suppression systems, plumbing and drainage systems, Building Management Systems, automatic control systems.
• Critical facilities site commissioning experience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven self-starter.
• Certifications/Accreditations that will be viewed positively: PMP, Prince2, ITIL v2/3, BICSI, ASHRAE, CDCP/S/E or equivalent.